Re: Selection of kernel for Lenny (was: 2.6.25-2 testing sync)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:15:14 +0200
maximilian attems <max@stro.at> wrote:

> > When a new stable *is* uploaded, D-I should be able to switch
> > faster too (at least, if there's someone willing to do the initial
> > kernel-wedge work) as the main criterium for D-I to switch to a new
> > kernel version is: does the new version look about to be ready to
> > migrate to testing, which current early uploads of the kernel to
> > unstable effectively never are.
>
> <sarcastic mode on>
> never seen that, d-i has always been dragging.
> <sarcastic mode off>

As a poor simple user, this seems mistaken.  Correct me if I'm wrong,
but isn't it the case that d-i quickly comes out once a kernel is in
*testing* so the problem with "d-i dragging" is really that the kernel
team doesn't support testing only unstable (from the sounds of it).  I
mean in another email max says that testing is on an unsupported
kernel.  WTF.  .24 isn't that old and I'm not sure if .25 is even in
testing yet (when I last checked it wasn't).

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore