Re: [RFC] Allow cancelation of NTP synchronisation

Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > However, what about #436497? Until that's fixed, any use of PROGRESS
> > commands while the clock could potentially be moved backwards can cause
> > newt to hang. Hmm, looks like there's a new newt upstream that fixes
> > this.
>
> As PROGRESS is only sent when a '.' is received, and the later only
> printed when a query is sent, no further PROGRESS should be issued after
> the clock has been set by rdate.

Sounds like a race: If rdate manages to get a reply back and set the
clock before clock-setup and cdebconf update the progress bar, #436497
could still happen.

That seems unlikely to occur in real life, but a hung installer is bad
enough that I'd rather avoid even the possibility.

Re newt, I've isolated the patch from upstream git and sent it to the
bug, and it could easily be NMUed with it.

--
see shy jo