D-I + PXE and local partial debian repository

Hi,

I'm attempring to create a setup-server to install debian Etch (i386 and amd64) using nothing but a cross-cable to a target machine. Also, no internet during the install.

So I made a nice cocktail (ingredients: syslinux, tftpd-hpa, mini-httpd, d-i netboot stuff and a netinst iso) and it did not take long before I could load the installer using PXE. As a test I installed Etch on one of my machines using a mirror on the internet. and there was one more debian system :)

Next on my list: create a local debian mirror that contains enough debian to install a minimal system (like that what you get when you use the netinist iso). So I copied the full content of the netinst cd to my webserver (http://webserver/debian) and I started the installer again and pointed it to my webserver this time. Turns out that D-I does not like my webserver all that much as it does not contain a Release.gpg file (it is not on the netinst iso)

Now I am stuck: D-I insists on having a valid Release.gpg file and me not wanting to have a complete debian mirror on my webserver.

Is there a way to tell D-I to ignore the Release.gpg file? or am I doing this all-wrong....

Tia,

Nico