Re: Tibetan Machine Uni font sources for the new version (v1.901)

On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> BTW, I noticed the ttf file has been renamed from
> TibetanMachineUniAlpha.ttf to TibMachUni-1.901b.ttf ; any particular
> reason for such change?

Although I'm the "To" addressee, I'm obviously not the correct person to
answer the questions :-)

One comment: the name change means that the font selection script in
rootskel-gtk will need to be adjusted as well!
Maybe we should implement a more generic mechanism where font udebs
include a file in a certain location in which they "declare" which
languages (by language code) they cover and which font size change is
desired. Only for languages where a font switch is needed of course.

Advantage would be that a font rename or other changes only has
consequences in a single package: the relevant udeb.

Davide: would you be willing to work something out for that?
For transition we could probably first test if there is such a file and if
not, fall back to current hard-coded values.

Cheers,
FJP