Re: Re: di-netboot-assistant - Debian-Installer netboot assistant

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply, but I was busy implementing some changes in
di-netboot-installer[1]. I've uploaded a new release[2].

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > I had a small home-made script to retrieve and untar Debian Installer
> > netboot images.
>
> Looks very interesting, but I cannot get the dhcpd setup to work (dhcp3,
> etch version). I have tried different variations and looked up some
> things, but can't get it to work (at least not within the time/effort I'm
> willing to spend on it :-)

I've modified the README file. I hope it's now clearer.

The "dhcpd.conf" sample is now meant for multi-arch users (i.e It's too
complex to be useful)... I'm now considering to build dhcp snippets for
each retrieved repository.

> When restarting dhcpd, I keep getting:
> /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf line 28: no option space named pxelinux.
> option pxelinux.magic

That's odd, since my dhcp server is etch's 3.0.4-13

Do you have a section like this, somewhere above line #28 ?
option space pxelinux;
option pxelinux.magic      code 208 = string;                   # 0xd0
option pxelinux.configfile code 209 = text;                     # 0xd1
option pxelinux.pathprefix code 210 = text;                     # 0xd2
option pxelinux.reboottime code 211 = unsigned integer 32;      # 0xd3

> Once that is solved I'd be interested to try to get it to work for sparc
> and hppa.
That's now supported, ia64 too.

However I haven't implemented arm/armel,mips/mipsel and
powerpc/powerpc64. That's because I have too issues :
1. Some architecture don't provide a tar ball (which is the only way
   to be sure to retrieve all required file reliably, IMO).
2. They have multiple netboot image flavours.

Do you have any suggestion (before I ask for a sponsor on mentors.d.n) ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Franklin

--
[1] di-netboot-assistant Homepage :