Re: Structural changes needed for switch to 2.6.25 kernels

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> If there are no comments I'll commit in about 2 days.

After acks from Otavio, Joey and Max I have committed my changes.

This means that now porters can start checking for changes in modules. As I
said in the last mail, I'm going to leave that to others.
It would be good if i386/amd64 got done first and soon as they provide
the "base" for kernel-wedge, but that is no hard requirement.

Note that kernel-wedge from SVN is required to do builds for .25.

A good command to do test builds is:
   ./massbuild kbuild -k <arch>
The -k means that the needed kernel images are only downloaded once and get
reused. With massbuild there is no need to have the kernels installed.

If 25-4 is not yet available for your arch, you can change the version in
the massbuild.versions file to -3.

Please do not upload .25 kernel udebs yet!

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. I have kept one change back: the addition of isofs-modules to hd-media.
Reason is that there is still a (small) chance of an extra upload for Beta2
and this is a post-beta2 change. I'll commit that once Beta2 is final.