Re: d-i status wrt i386 & amd64 EFI machines

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Which brings us to the core of the issue. Installing rEFIt means:
>  - copying rEFIt to the EFI system partition (first partition on the
>    disk, FAT32, ca. 200 MB on Apple machines)

This may also require changes in partman, especially in guided partitioning
if it should be possible to reuse a pre-existing EFI system partition.

There already is code to recognize Intel Macs as a separate subarch which
allows to use separate partitioning recipes that could include a EFI system
partition, but currently that means the existing one would probably be
lost.

Not sure how EFI based servers (when booted as pure EFI) should be
recognized. Also as a separate subarch? By special casing them?
OTOH, I would expect most sysadmins of servers to do manual partitioning
anyway.