Re: Base system installation errors in testing due to libldap

* Russ Allbery [Sun, 18 May 2008 07:53:36 -0700]:

> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> > For amd64 at least I'm currently getting installation errors due to the
> > fact that both libldap2 and libldap-2.4-2 are in testing and getting
> > installed, which results in:

> > libldap-2.4-2: Conflicts: libldap2 but 2.1.30.dfsg-13.5 is to be installed

> > Could someone please look into this?

> That would imply that something in the base system is still built against
> the OpenLDAP 2.1 libraries and probably needs to be binNMU'd.  (And the
> current OpenLDAP packages desperately need another maintainer with time to
> work on them, but that's a different problem.)

I don't see such package. Maybe it has to do with the fact that that
libldap2 is still Prio: important? Frans, are Prio: important packages
pulled by the default base system install?

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                                   Listening to: Albert Plà - Virgo vamp