Re: [RFR] News entry about Beta2 work

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> On Saturday 03 May 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Final preparations have begun for the beta 2 release of Debian
>> Installerfor Lenny. The changes to the Debian archive are known to break
>> most of the installation media from lenny beta 1.
>> We hope to get beta 2 out as soon as possible to fix this.

>> The only images that should remain usable are the full installation CDs
>> and DVDs. The other CD images are possibly still usable, but that is not
>> guaranteed. </p>
>
> I don't think this is correct in this case. I expect only installs that load
> udebs from a mirror will break (netboot, mini.iso and floppy installs that
> don't use a CD).
>
> All regular CD images should remain usable.

Any proposal about how to explain it in the news?

First proposal:

All images that needs to download installer modules from Internet is
likely to fail, that includes the netboot, network booting,
mini.iso and floppy images.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116