Re: navigating in serial console

Martin Michlmayr schrieb:
* Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@wpkg.org> [2008-05-01 20:58]:
I remember I used d-i to install Debian (arm) on Thecus n4100 - using minicom and a serial connection. Navigation in d-i over a serial connection / minicom sucks, but that's another story.

Can you explain why it's hard to navigate?

I don't remember exactly, as the last time I used it was one year ago or later.

Some navigation things were not working correctly - but it could be some of default minicom setting are not mapping keys correctly? I didn't investigate it much though.

A similar thing happens when you try to start i.e. "mc" (or a similar, console-GUI-like program) over a serial line / minicom - function keys, alt, ctrl don't work correctly etc.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org