Re: preseeding not working

Hi Marco,

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> Why? I uploaded the log at http://www.bofh.it/~md/syslog and the
> preseeding file at http://www.bofh.it/~md/preseed.cfg .
>
> It says that it correctly loaded the preseeding file, but the options
> are apparently not being updated (e.g. d-i debian-installer/country).
>
> Then choose-mirrors crashes and burn trying to download
> http://ftp.debian.org(null)/dists/etch/...
>
> What am I missing?

With Etch you should be using only:
    d-i debian-installer/locale string en_IT
I.e. not debian-installer/preseed country at all and omit the encoding.
This will work even though no en_IT locale exists.

I intend to improve localechooser for Lenny so that all fields can also be
preseeded separately, but for Etch that's not supported.

Cheers,
FJP