Re: Please explain status/background of /dev/mdX versus /dev/md/X

also sprach Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2008.04.22.1843 +0200]:
> I suspect that should have read /dev/md$MD_NUM.

Of course. :)

"perhaps debian is concerned more about technical excellence rather
 than ease of use by breaking software. in the former we may excel.
 in the latter we have to concede the field to microsoft. guess
 where i want to go today?"
                                                 -- manoj srivastava