Re: Bits from the DPL: marketing team delegations

On Thursday 17 April 2008, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    While I am still empowered to do so, I would like to make the
> following delegations:
>
>     1. Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> is appointed to the
>     Debian Marketing Team.
>
>     2. Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@debian.org> is appointed to the
>     Debian Marketing Team.

Congratulations on your new roles!

>    The marketing team is empowered to make design and marketing-related
> decisions about the Debian operating system and its distribution means.
> This is includes but is not limited to: default wallpapers, themes for
> the various desktops, splash screens, official CD cover art, promotional
> posters, T-shirts and goodies, the Debian web site design, etc.

In case you're considering to propose changes to the styling of Debian
Installer and in particular the graphical installer, please take note of
this mail [1] as it outlines my objections to the previous attempts by the
desktop people to "force" their theme on us.

Since that mail we have received no new proposals from the desktop people,
and as we ourselves are quite happy with the current theme for the
graphical installer (and busy with other things), the theme currently in
use remains unchanged from Etch.

If anyone is still wanting to propose changes for Lenny, my personal
position is basically unchanged: they should come up with proposals that
satisfy the requirements listed in [1]. Also, given the release timeline
they'll have to be pretty quick about it to allow sufficient time for
discussion, implementation and testing.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/06/msg00277.html

(Please reply to the debian-boot list; no need to CC me.)