Re: syslinux vesamenu

On Sunday 13 April 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> I've finished and tested the debian-cd patch for using vesamenu.

Issue: I see "Graphical automated insta".

Other comments: basically I don't like it.
Mainly because we're going to be confusing regular users with something like
automated install. And we'll probably see more users using the export mode
when they don't need it.

Also, for multiarch images I see the menu becoming way too long (I feel it's
already too long with 9 options for your netinst).

If we really do want this, I think it should be reordered:
Normal install
Normal install (graphical)
Expert install
Expert install (graphical)

What I'd like to see is just the basic choices selectable from the menu, and
a prompt for advanced usage. One option to do this could be:
Normal install
Normal install (graphical)
Rescue mode
Rescue mode (graphical)