Re: Adding support for Atheros wireless NICs (ath5k, formerly madwifi)

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 02:44:47PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Alternative could be to have just blkcipher (~ 8kB) in crypto-core-modules
> and then have just add arc4 and ecb to nic-wireless-modules as these don't
> seem to be needed for other things. However this would not work in the long
> run if there are other wireless drivers/implementations that require other
> crypto modules that are also used for encrypted file systems.

This way sounds better to me.  We'll see in the future if other drivers
need other modules.

> […]
> After solving that issue, I got the following for NIC selection:
> eth0: Intel Pro/100 Ethernet Controller
> wmaster: Atheros AR5212/AR5213 Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor
> wlan0: Atheros AR5212/AR5213 Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor (wireless)
>
> The first is my wired interface.
> AFAICT the second could/should be suppressed by netcfg.

This should be fixed with r52344. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism