Lenny beta1 Installer image - partman-md regression

I have previously [1] reported an issue I encountered when using previous
installation images. I checked the Lenny beta1 installation images (netinst)
and the same problem still occurs. Namely, newly created md devices are
find, but scanning and activating existing md devices makes partman think
that the md device is partitionable.

This is a regression from the Etch installer. I see several related bug
reports against partman-md, and am wondering if plans are in the works for
resolution of this. I'll take a look at it when I get some time, but want to
see if progress is being made elsewhere.

Thanks,
Joel Johnson

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/12/msg00625.html