Re: i386 EFI - Identifying Parts of the Install Process

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 05:05:27PM -0500, Charles Abdouch wrote:

> As this is a somewhat specialize need at the moment (though the expectation
> is that someday UEFI would be a standard on AMD64 and i386 platforms)

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.  It will be a major regression for
freedom when firmware in all PCs becomes powerful enough to intercept all
memory access from your runtime OS, understand filesystems and use its own
tcp/ip stack to "call home".  Add to it the fact that it can't be replaced,
and you get the functional equivalent of a surveillance device.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)