Re: partman-base: extend regex to handle faked qemu multipath via hda

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:50:29PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 29 February 2008, Guido Günther wrote:
> > The multipath output then looks like:
> >  \_ #:#:#:# hda 3:0 ...
> >
> > since there is no controller:bus:id:lun to read. O.k. to apply? Eases
> > testing with QEMU/KVM a lot.
>
> This patch does not make any sense to me as it only _allows_ the "#", but I
> see nothing that puts the "#" into the string being tested.
The '#' is being put out by "multipath -l" if it can't find the necessary
information in sysfs. This only helps testing, so I can leave this out,
but it does now harm either.

> How exactly are you testing multipath?
Well, in an ideal world against an EMC Clariion but since this one sits
behind a firewall and the servers attached to it have a hard time
getting up to date packages and since I don't have this at home I use
KVM and a hacked up hw-detect that puts out a multipath.conf like:

defaults {
    getuid_callout /bin/scsi_id.sh
}

blacklist_exceptions {
    devnode "^hda"
}

defaults {
    user_friendly_names yes
}

Once I cleaned up the grub-install patch I put out an image for testing.
Cheers,
 -- Guido