Re: Boot from iSCSI

On Saturday 16 February 2008, debml@flonatel.org wrote:
> I'm interested in getting iSCSI boot to work.  There is one challenge:
> multipath should also work during boot phase.  After some research and
> development, a prototype in my sandbox is working.  Maybe some ideas
> and source code are of general use:

From reading your message it seems to me that the debian-boot list is not
the correct forum for it. The debian-boot list is not about boot issues,
but about development of the Debian Installer.

Your message seems mostly to do with possible changes initramfs-tools, so I
suggest you contact the initramfs-tools maintainer directly, either by
filing a wishlist bug against the package or, if you prefer to discuss the
general idea first, by sending an email to initramfs-tools@packages.d.o.

Cheers,
FJP