Bug#461344: marked as done (win32-loader)
Your message dated Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:47:14 +0000
with message-id <E1JMuv4-0002ZB-Pl@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#461344: fixed in win32-loader 0.6.0
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Dima Volevodz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: win32-loader
- From: Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:39:48 +0100
- Message-id: <20080117213948.GA25099@thorin>
- In-reply-to: <E1JFaMh-0009WNemail@example.com>
- References: <E1JFaMh-0009WNfirstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm sorry, but this program doesn't currently support running on Windows 98
due to this and other problems.
Unfortunately, it seems the nice error message that would have told you that
isn't working. I'll investigate.
Thanks for the report, and sorry for not being much helpful to you.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 10:25:27PM +0300, Dima Volevodz wrote:
> Hello! I tried your linux installer from goodbye-microsoft.com and I want to report a bug as I never found a solution. The pc I ran it from is pretty old, pentium 150mmx, running windows 98, some cut one. And during installation, after few steps it quits with fatal error:
> Assertion failed!
> Progeam: C:\debian.exe
> file: /home/ron/devel/debian/mingw32/mingw32-184.108.40.2066..
> Line: 247
> Expression: 32_sharedptr->size == sizeof(W32_EH_SHARED)
> For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual c++ documentation on asserts.
> Press retry to debug the application - jit must be enabled.
> Stop - Retry - Skip
> Please help that pc got no usb, no cd load up, and floppy drive is lost, so it was the last chance to get linux on it :s
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
win32-loader, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Robert Millan <email@example.com> (supplier of updated win32-loader package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 00:57:42 +0100
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
win32-loader - Debian-Installer loader for win32
Closes: 442098 442153 442209 442474 444766 446611 461177 461344
win32-loader (0.6.0) unstable; urgency=low
* Add page to allow user into rescue mode.
* Preseed quietness on non-expert installs.
* Disable LicenseForceSelection.
* Add dialog to choose desktop environment (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, None).
* Detect and preseed passwd/user-fullname (without setting the seen flag).
* Do not preseed "interface=auto". Do not set the seen flag for
"domain" and "time/zone".
* Correct a pair of mistakes in English strings (thanks Jens Seidel).
* Fix dialog.nsh generation for languages whose names have more than
one word (welcome, Norwegian Bokmål).
* Clarify translator note for "windows-1252" string.
* Add "biosdisk", "ntfscomp" and "gpt" GRUB modules. Build-Depend on
grub-pc (>= 1.95+20080101-1).
* Abort on Windows 95 / 98. (Closes: #461344)
* Implement preseeding via initrd (with gzip.exe / cpio.exe). Migrate the
majority of preseed parameters to this method, in order to avoid Linux
cmdline limits. (Closes: #442474)
[ Updated translations ]
* Bulgarian (bg.po) by Damyan Ivanov
* Catalan (ca.po) by Robert Millan
* Czech (cs.po) by Miroslav Kure
* German (de.po) by Jan Keller
* Spanish (es.po) by Javier Fernández-Sanguino
* Basque (eu.po) by Piarres Beobide
* French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier
* Galician (gl.po) by Jacobo Tarrio (Closes: #446611)
* Hebrew (he.po) by Lior Kaplan (Closes: #442153)
* Hungarian (hu.po) by SZERVÁC Attila
* Korean (ko.po) by Sunjae Park
* Malayalam (ml.po) by Praveen|പ്രവീണണ് A|എ
* Norwegian Bokmål (nb.po) by Hans Fredrik Nordhaug
* Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo
* Russian (ru.po) by Yuri Kozlov
* Albanian (sq.po) by Elian Myftiu (Closes: #444766)
* Swedish (sv.po) by Daniel Nylander (Closes: #442098)
* Thai (th.po) by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
* Vietnamese (vi.po) by Clytie Siddall
* Simplified Chinese (zh_CN.po) by Deng Xiyue (Closes: #461177)
15ea32b4e5b1dffc068bc07fbe183988 706 utils extra win32-loader_0.6.0.dsc
009aa538aa9af1681b3028b2fd0a35e6 112850 utils extra win32-loader_0.6.0.tar.gz
b4ea92e98bf085eb7cc275bcd28d092f 330070 utils extra win32-loader_0.6.0_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---