De: Robert Millan [mailto:rmh@aybabtu.com]
Enviado el: martes, 05 de febrero de 2008 10:47
Para: Pedro Macanás
CC: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Re: [win32-loader] Updater

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:23:49AM +0100, Pedro Macanás wrote:

> Yes and no. Yes, because within the USB MODEM there are only the Windows
> driver files
>
> No because I could download the drivers from Internet (*.deb package), but
> it is broken because I could not install wvdial and other package on it
> depends (and the packages on the other packages depend: this is an
aeternal
> chain of dependencies).

There's no reason why a USB modem driver needs to depend on wvdial, those
packages are simply wrong.

What we need is to get working code for that device so that it is merged in
upstream Linux and eventually supported with no need for ugly kludges.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call? if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)