Re: grub (legacy) and e2fsprogs

On Sunday 03 February 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Please, can you make sure e2fsprogs-udeb >= 1.40.5-1 doesn't reach
> > testing before grub 0.97-30 (just uploaded) has?  Otherwise D-I builds
> > will fail to boot onto installed system.
> >
> > For details see #463236, #463123.
>
> I've added a note on the summary script to remember us of this
> restriction.

There's probably not much need to actually block anything as daily/weekly
images use the e2fsprogs-udeb from unstable anyway.
As they also use grub from testing, that means that current daily images are
_already broken_ until grub migrates, so you may want to do an explicit
test that the new grub does work and then request an urgent hint for it.

The breakage of the daily images should be added on the "D-I today" wiki
page! I've asked Sledge to disable the weekly CD builds until this is
resolved.

Cheers,
FJP