Re: Beta1 missing decisions and possible timeline

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

>> > What about the option to just apply the recent patch from Stefan
>> > Lippers-Hollmann to grub and go with that? I very much disliked the
>> > reaction from Robert basically saying that the patch would not even be
>> > considered because grub was dead.
>> > AFAIK, grub is still very much the major bootloader for x86 and issues
>> > such as this definitely should be resolved.
>>
>> Yes, Robert will handle it for us.
>
> Great.
>
> BTW. I guess this change is also going to break stable installs if we use
> the Lenny installer for Etch+1/2...
> I guess we'll have to hack things so that for Etch installs partitions will
> be created with a 128 byte inode size. I'll see what I can do about that.

Yes, we'll need to. It would be interesting if partman could read
something like /etc/defaults/e2fsprogs and like so we could provide
etch-support udeb with this and any other specific thing we need.

What do you think?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116