Re: Changing of tasksel from arch all to arch any

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Today while talking about the removal of laptop-detect from tasksel
> depends list, specially for s390,

Why is s390 so special, and why do the s390 porters get away with
setting dependencies of important prority packages not-for-us, without
talking to anyone? Those are the questions I'm left with.

> vorlon noticed that we'd need to
> change tasksel from arch all to arch any to make it possible.
>
> Obviously it adds some complexity since tasksel-data would need
> to be build in all arches.

We were very happy to make tasksel not achitecture dependent in 2004,
because it made it simpler and faster to get new versions into testing.
It would be a pity to lose that.

--
see shy jo