Re: Multiple disks support for partman-auto-lvm

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2008 17:07, Frans Pop a écrit :
> > This patch is based on the current (as of 2008/01/20) SVN version of
> > partman-auto and partman-auto-lvm (the former needing only a minor
> > modification).
>
> This is a very much better proposal than your last one :-)

Thanks. There's a little bit more work in it also :)

> Could you please send your mail again, but then as a wishlist bugreport
> against the package partman-auto-lvm? That will ensure that the patch will
> not get lost.

I'll do this today, just changing dates and URLs. I also added a little change
to check if the user created an enveloppe before adding it to the scheme.
This was tested and works.

> If you do, please fix one typo in the patch that occurs several times:
> s/enveloppe/envelope/

Should have paid better attention to English lessons back in school I guess...

> +			if [ "X$pvdev_found" = 'Xyes' ]; then
> The X is not needed. The shell handles empty variables correctly if they
> have double quotes around them. Also, the quotes around "yes" are not
> needed (as it is a single word and not a variable).
>
> +			if [ -z $schemevg ]; then
> +		[ -z $pv_devices ] && bail_out no_pv_in_vg
> If these variables really can be empty then they definitely _should_ have
> quotes around them. Basically any variable that can be empty or consist of
> multiple words should be quoted, at least in tests.

Changed. I remember having problems with the first test, and using the 'X'
made it work, but can't remember if I put double quotes. This will make me
crazy.

> Did you check the syslog for errors after your tests? Note that you will
> have to finish partman before they will show in the syslog!

Yes, I performed many full installations to validate that everything was
working fine and couldn't see any errors. The syslog was a source of debug
messages when writing it so I kept an eye on it.

Cheers,
Grégory