Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> > I've created a test image [1] after applying the above patch; quckly
> > tried it with qemu a took a screenshot [2].
> > Would be nice to have some feedback from original language speakers
>
> To me the latin text in that screenshot looks virtually identical to what
> you get without the font stripped.

Oops. That was with an image that did not yet have the updated gtk-set-font.

With a good image there are differences (the latin characters look
"thinner"). It should be up to the translators to decide.
The most significant difference is probably in punctuation: periods, commas,
dashes, brackets, etc. This is an aspect of the exclusion I had not really
realized before.

Something else: at least one codepoint is missing in the Abyssinica font
ATM. It shows up in the mirror country selection list: codepoint 1316.