no /etc/environment

I installed sid (armel) to a thecus, and the installed system has no
/etc/environment, which isn't really a problem, except:

Jan 11 21:54:43 turtle sshd[17587]: pam_env(ssh:setcred): Unable to open env file: /etc/environment: No such file or directory

So, localechooser used to create it .. what should be responsible for
creating the file now that it doesn't need to? I'm thinking about an
empty file with just a header comment pointing at environ(7) or so.

--
see shy jo