Re: hwclock is not working correctly on compaq 6510b, compaq presario c700
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: hwclock is not working correctly on compaq 6510b, compaq presario c700
- From: Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 01:22:11 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20071217100357.GA14947@gpm.stappers.nl> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Monday 31 December 2007, Praveen A wrote:
> Would that mean a newer kernel will fix that? Or should we maintain a
> list of know hardware to use --directisa option?
> I was about to report it as a bug against util-linux. Is it a known
> issue? Should I go ahead and report it?
No, it's not an issue in util-linux, but in the kernel.
Most systems don't need the option, so adding it by default would not be
the correct solution.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.