Re: Help for Press Announcement r2 and r7

On Dec 25, 2007, at 5:04 AM, Frans Pop wrote:

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
we will update 3.1 and 4.0 tomorrow and might need a bit of help for the press announcement. We currently don't have any extra text for regarding
d-i in it. If you want any extra being mentioned, please speakk up
within the next 24h.

Texts can be found here:
3.1r7: http://ftp-master.debian.org/~luk/press.txt
4.0r2: http://ftp-master.debian.org/~zobel/press.txt

As Jérémy is not available and I don't know whether Otavio will be, and
given the limited time frame, I've taken the liberty to take a look at
this.

Attached proposed changes for both texts.

Cheers,
FJP

<press_etch.diff><press_sarge.diff>

A couple of questions...

1) Shouldn't it be

-along with a few adjustment to serious problems.
+along with a few adjustments to serious problems.

2) Frans says:

-   grub-installer          Improve serial console parameters
- libdebian-installer Added support for SGI O2 machines with 300MHz RM5200SC (Nevada) CPUs
-   Linux Installer Kernel  Rebuild for Linux Kernel rebuild
- partman-crypto Only use loop-mounting for the CD image in hd-media installs
-   rootskel                Rebuild against klibc

This appears to be removing mention of several important features that I thought were going to be part of Sarge r7. Have these features been dropped from the final product? Or are they just deemed too unimportant to mention in the press release?

Essentially the same comments apply to the Etch document as well.

Rick