From: Frans Pop [mailto:elendil@planet.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:06 AM
To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Cc: Charles Abdouch
Subject: Re: Debian install issues with i386 EFI based system

Hi,

I still had your previous mail flagged as something to reply to, but had not

gotten around to it yet. Sorry for that.

On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Charles Abdouch wrote:
> I am trying to create a NETINST CD which meets the suggestion above to
> verify it would work with both and I would be happy to work with the
> individuals working on this to help refine the process and test it out.

The creation of the CDs is not something the D-I team does itself, but which

is done by the debian-cd team, which has its own mailing list:
debian-cd@lists.debian.org.
The creation of CDs is done using a separate tool, debian-cd [1].

I have spoken to the project lead for debian-cd and he said that he'd be
happy to implement support for EFI booting, but that it's not a priority
for him.
I suggest that you file a bug report against the debian-cd package with any
information you can provide. A bug report is better than a mail to a list
because bug reports can be tracked easier.
A patch for the debian-cd package would of course be absolutely perfect.

If you have questions about debian-cd, please ask on its mailing list or on
the #debian-cd IRC channel on the OFTC network.

Cheers,
Frans Pop

[1] package info: http://packages.debian.org/debian-cd
    source repository: svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-cd/trunk