Re: Refactoring commit_changes in partman

On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Max Vozeler wrote:
> Yes, I've tested -auto-crypto, -auto-lvm, -md, -lvm, -crypto
> and -partitioning by doing some random setups and injected the
> two error cases with failing commit.d/init.d scripts.

Perfect.

> I didn't test -dmraid because I couldn't figure out how, :-)
> Does dmraid require special hardware?

Well, the hardware is fairly common nowadays, but yes, it does require a
somewhat special setup.
See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataRaid for info about
partman-dmraid.

> Tried this and ended up with a "Deep recursion configuring
> partman-base (dep loop?)" (IIRC) from main-menu. It seems
> that main-menu tries to configure partman-base and all its
> dependencies, and this fails.

OK. Wasn't aware main-menu would choke on this. In that case just the
mention in the changelog is sufficient.

Cheers,
FJP