Re: r49295 - in trunk/packages/arch/i386/win32-loader: . debian l10n l10n/po templates

Robert Millan wrote:
> I would just have win32-loader.ini have an _optional_ parameter like
> "desktop=(gnome|kde|xfce)" that CDs can use to tell win32-loader that there's
> only this desktop choice.  Like with other options in win32-loader.ini, its
> non-presence means all are available and user can select.

That would address two of the points I raised in my original mail, but still
leaves these:

Robert Millan wrote earlier:
> win32-loader provides choice of desktop environment _only_ when run in
> expert mode.  This is similar to the scheme used in CDs in the sense that
> in both cases user has to get out of their way to enable a DE other than
> the default.

Seems to me that a better approach, which is closer to how the CDs handle it,
is to have win32-loader display a field that can be used to add arbitrary
parameters to the kernel command line. This could perhaps be put in the
existing customisation dialog.

--
see shy jo