Re: busybox update

On 31/08/07, Jérémy Bobbio <lunar@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:45:24PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:

> > > ppp-udeb being one of them (i.e. have you counted here ppp-udeb)? So this means
> > > broken PPPoE installs? ppp-udeb uses ifconfig in its postinst.
> >
> > We might start work to remove its dependency and use ip if possible.
>
> I took a quick look at it, attached is a possible (untested) patch
> removing ppp-udeb dependency on ifconfig.

I don't have the time, energy or motivation to do the tests myself,
but the changes look ok. I think is best to submit this patch in the
bts (if didn't already).

One can test himself if the thing works by doing what I did myself
back in January[1].

If someone has time to prepare a custom image with this patch included
I might me able to do it.

[1] http://ramblingfoo.blogspot.com/2007/01/howto-test-pppoe-without-having-pppoe.html
--
Regards,