Preseed & list sources

Hi,

  I hope this isthe correct list also for user questions, not
  developer. Please address me to better place if not.

  I recently discouvered preseed and found it very interesting but I'm
  coping with some configuration problems that I'd like to resolve.

  I'm trying to use ubuntu alternate so I guess probelms are shared with
  debian.

  1. How can I ask apt-setup to also use 'universe' brench not just main:
     I have:

    d-i mirror/country string enter information manually
    d-i mirror/protocol string http
    d-i mirror/http/hostname string archive.ubuntu.com
    d-i mirror/http/directory string /ubuntu
    d-i mirror/http/proxy string

    d-i apt-setup/universe boolean true

    but if I ask for a file in universe brench as in:

    d-i pkgsel/include string tree

    it doesn't find it and fails installation

   2. How can I verify which sources are used while installing?
    /target/etc/apt/sources.list only has cdrom source

   3. d-i apt-setup/local0/repository is reported in B.4.9
      (http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html) to need
      'deb' keyword while my experience is it doesn't

thanks in advance
sandro
*:-)