Re: failed to test the graphical installer from local directory

> are you running debconf as root?

I am not sure. I just follow the guide:
---8< ----------
#chrooting inside d-i/build/tmp/gtk-miniiso/tree/
sudo chroot ./ sh

#creating all device files needed to access the framebuffer
cd /dev
mknod fb0 c 29 0
mknod tty c 5 0
mknod tty0 c 4 0
mknod tty8 c 4 8

#starting the debian-installer
debconf-loadtemplate d-i /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.templates
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=gtk
debconf -f gtk -o d-i /usr/bin/main-menu
After that, system crash. Keyboard and mouse won't respond.

> I think some more error output is needed;

I don't yet know enough about d-i and DirectFB both. If you don't mind, can
you tell me what steps to take to properly troubleshoot.

Thanks again.

--
Vern
2007-02-08