Re: debian-installer build deps testing/unstable divergences

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 03:14:25AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> These are d-i build deps that provide files that go on d-i images, that
> currently have different versions in unstable and testing. The
> significance is that since rc2 will be built on the autobuilders, it
> will build against the unstable versions of these packages.

>      libc6 | 2.3.6.ds1-10 |       testing | amd64, arm, hppa, i386, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
>      libc6 | 2.3.6.ds1-10 |      unstable | m68k, s390, sparc
>      libc6 | 2.3.6.ds1-11 |      unstable | amd64, arm, hppa, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc

> IIRC this is targeted at testing, so no problem.

> libnewt-pic |   0.52.2-9 |       testing | alpha, amd64, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> libnewt-pic |  0.52.2-10 |      unstable | alpha, amd64, arm, hppa, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

> No significant to d-i changes according to the changelog..

Both approved.

>   syslinux |     3.31-1 |       testing | source, amd64, i386
>   syslinux |     3.31-2 |      unstable | source, amd64, i386

> A fun new feature that would be nice for amd64+i386 CDs, if it is
> allowed into testing.

Already unblocked by Luk.

> apex-nslu2 |      1.4.7 |       testing | arm
> apex-nslu2 |     1.4.14 |      unstable | arm

> Several changes. (New version also makes d-i FTBFS though that should be
> easy to fix.)

These changes include a bump to the debhelper compat level with no apparent
rationale, in addition to the extensive upstream changes; I'm not
comfortable unblocking this (and it hardly seems I would have a chance to
anyway, we're already at version 1.4.15 in unstable now).  It sounds like
any differences between the two versions are already worked around, so that
this shouldn't be an issue for d-i?