Re: ppp-udeb testers needed (custom image perpared)

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 03:51:20PM +0200, Eddy Petri??or wrote:

> So I am asking if there are people interested in testing the image I have
> prepared with the new ppp-udeb package. The image can be downloaded from:
>
> http://users.alioth.debian.org/~eddyp-guest/ppp-2.4.4rel-5/mini-with-ppp-udeb-20070124.iso
>

> How to test:
> In order to test, just boot the image[2] (no boot parameters are needed) and
> try to do a basic installation via PPPoE.
>
> What should be (/would be nice to be :-) ) checked:
>
> - - in D-I environment
>   * transitory problems when trying to do the inital connection (cable
> unplugged or PPPoE server down) should be detected

With cable unplugged, d-i displays alert message "No concentrator
was found", then pppoe error message, then return to main menu.

>   * bad/good login should be detected (good logins are silent)

With bad or... good login, I have "Unhandled error" !

With bad login, debug message say that "CHAP auth. failed" and
with good login, PPPoE is up, then debug messages say
"DEBUG:ppp-udeb: Answer unknown", then "Terminating on signal 15"
for pppd. Complete (but no verbose) syslog for all this test can
be found here :
http://gcolpart.evolix.net/debian/d-i/04022007/syslog

Regards,
--