Re: r44961 - people/rmh/win32-loader

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:16:39PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > Also preseed proxy (as blank) when no proxy setup was found.  Yes, we
> > still have to ask the user, but this is no regression from what we
> > have now.
>
> I think you may be misunderstanding how preseeding affects d-i. When you
> preseed the hostname, domain name, or proxy, you prevent that question
> from *ever* being shown to the user.

What's wrong with that?  We're only preseeding with valid data.  hostname,
domain, proxy, timezone, etc, are values obtained from Windows.  Migrating to
Debian doesn't mean user has to reconsider all OS-independant setup, IMHO.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.