Re: D-I: two failed recent installations - please check

On Saturday 20 January 2007 00:35, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> Sorry to do a follow-up this late, but I had the opportunity to test a
> d-i daily build netinst CD (2006-12-15) on a DEC Personal Workstation
> 433au (ATAPI CD-ROM) and on a 600au (SCSI CD-ROM).
>
> Both booted the installer without setting any option.

Good to hear. So the installs were successful, or did you just boot the
installer and not actually run the installation?

> Maybe the
> reporters had boot_osflags variables set inside the SRM environment?
> These old values would have been overridden by the "-fl 1".

IIRC there were follow-ups to both reports that confirmed that. This is
now documented in the installation guide (thanks to Steve Langasek):
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.alpha/ch05s01.html#id312131

Cheers,
FJP