Re: G-I issues

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 12:09, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Applied; this reminds me there is one workaround we can get rid of now
> that we've switched to GTK 2.8: see attached patchfile, i'd like to
> commit this too.

Fine by me, but please do at least a full install after applying that
patch to make sure there are no unexpected issues.

> I could get crashes when on VT1 while partitioner was running in the
> background.
> Unluckily, i couldn't find a deterministic way to reproduce this crash,
> so i don't know where to look exactly (in the gtk frontend, in gtk/dfb
> indfb..): i'll try to investigate, or better open a br about this.

Looking at crashes during partman is probably not the most easy way to go
about it. Partman as a lot of complex interactions. I'm sure I've seen
crashes at other points as well.
Possibly hardware detection, netcfg, and base-installer or pkgsel or both.
pkgsel is probably a bad choice for debugging as well though.