Re: 20061230-2 netinst powerpc iso

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 23:51, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> bash# mount -r -t iso9660 -o loop
> debian-testing-powerpc-businesscard.iso /mnt bash# find /mnt -iname
> '*prep*'
> /mnt/pool/main/p/partman-prep
> /mnt/pool/main/p/partman-prep/partman-prep_9_powerpc.udeb
> /mnt/pool/main/p/prep-installer
> /mnt/pool/main/p/prep-installer/prep-installer_0.4_powerpc.udeb
>
> So, even the kernel deb is missing in the business card iso from:

The kernel _deb_ isn't supposed to be on a businesscard image; the base
system (including the kernel) is downloaded from a mirror.
Only the kernel udebs should be on a businesscard.

The netinst and full CD images should have the kernel deb as well.

cdimage.debian.org:cdimage/daily-builds/etch_d-i/20070102-1/powerpc/iso-cd
                                        ^^^^^^^^

You are using the wrong image here! You should be using the *sid_d-i*
image, which is the one linked from our project home page [1].
Sorry for not spotting that earlier.

AFAICT the sid_d-i images should be correct in all respects.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/