Re: Etch installer not asking for additional CDs

2006/12/20, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>:
On Wednesday 20 December 2006 06:05, Raman Pandarinathan wrote:
> I wish the etch installer team restores this facility for the poor
> folks without net connectivity.

Yes, this is planned but technically difficult so loading multiple CDs
will not be possibly in time for Etch.

If we install synaptic with the default install (it is currently in CD 2) adding cdroms would be a bit more friendly (Starting synaptic and Edit->Add CDROM won't scare newbies as much as opening a terminal 'su root' and run apt-cdrom add).

Would it be possible before etch?

Regards
Praveen
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."