Re: Help for Press Announcement r2 and r7

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Rick Thomas wrote:
> 2) Frans says:
> > -   grub-installer          Improve serial console parameters
> > -   libdebian-installer     Added support for SGI O2 machines with
> > 300MHz RM5200SC (Nevada) CPUs
> > -   Linux Installer Kernel  Rebuild for Linux Kernel rebuild
> > -   partman-crypto          Only use loop-mounting for the CD image
> > in hd-media installs
> > -   rootskel                Rebuild against klibc
>
> This appears to be removing mention of several important features
> that I thought were going to be part of Sarge r7.  Have these
> features been dropped from the final product?  Or are they just
> deemed too unimportant to mention in the press release?

Nothing is removed. They are just described in the "Debian-Installer
Updates" section of the announcements instead.

For the installer mentioning individual components in the announcement just
does not make any sense, because from a users PoV they are not individually
recognizable but just part of "the installation system". And it makes even
less sense to have them mixed up with other normal packages.