Re: Installation on NSLU2 does not complete (initramfs nslu2 hook requires user interaction)

On 04/12/2007, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2007-12-03 00:12]:
> > nslu2-utils is version 0.10+r71-13, but I don't see any changes to the
> > initramfs hook that should cause this problem. I am using a DFSG image
> > that does not contain the NPE-B firmware.
>
> I guess the best way this should be handled is to look whether the
> interface assigned to the ixp driver is actually in use.  I've no idea
> how to do this though, although I suspect it might be possible to do
> it using udev.

Well, since you are going to change this code, please note another
problem: the script in question is not reentrant.

I installed about a month ago using the armel non-free port and I
found that some failure (I did the install while slugimage was still
stuck in new) did the copy and on retry it failed because the file was
there.

I managed to go further by removing the file from a second login.

--
Regards,
EddyP