Re: [RFC] Allow block device providers to veto file systems

On Friday 30 November 2007, Max Vozeler wrote:
> > Why pipe them and not just pass them as a parameter?
> > Call the script as '$i $dev $id "$filesystems"' and in the script have
> > 'filesystems="$3"'.
>
> That's what I tried first.
>
> I changed to piping because otherwise we'd have to do
> comparably complex list comparisons. E.g. either:

Hmm. I don't get this. You could still echo back the valid options, same as
you do now. You just pass them _in_ as a parameter which avoids the (IMO)
ugly 'cat' commands in the veto script.
AFAICT my suggestion does not fundamentally change your solution.

> > The preferred indentation for case statements is:
> > 				case fs in
> > 				    ext2)
> > 					echo $fs
> > 					;;
> > 				esac
>
> I personally prefer the style I originally used because
> it saves one level of (to me) not meaningful indentation,
> but that's a matter of taste. I'm happy to change it :-)

No, it does not cost a level of indentation because the conditions are
indented by only 4 spaces so their code is still only indented by a single
tab. Indenting the conditions by spaces has the advantage that the total
case-esac block is better recognizable.

This exception to using only tabs for indentation is documented in the D-I
coding style document.