Re: How to force d-i to ask for domain name?

Op 28-11-2007 om 22:38 schreef Josef Wolf:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:24:49PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Op 26-11-2007 om 22:31 schreef Josef Wolf:
>
> > > I have preseeded netcfg like this:

 <snip what="netcfg preseed"/>

> > > The intention is, that d-i asks me for the domainname.
 <snip/>

> > You might be doing something that could be solved in another way.
> > Could you tell more about your use case?
>
> I want to create a customized install cd, which is to be used to install
> routers/firewalls.  The router should have a fixed hostname (external-gw).
> The internal interface (eth0) should get a static address (192.168.1.1).
> Since this CD is to be used for multiple sites, the domain name part
> should be asked by d-i at installation time and _not_ be preseeded.

Acknowledge.

> The above definition works almost as desired.  The only thing is that d-i
> don't ask for the domain name, although I set the "seen" flag on the
> netcfg/get_domainname variable.

netcfg behaves indeed odd on debconf settings for get_hostname and
get_domainname.

Has

 d-i netcfg/get_domainname  string change.me
 d-i netcfg/get_domainname  seen false

been tried? So a default domain name is provided.

HTH
GSt