installation failure: No kernel modules were found

Just after the installer identified an ISO image, I get this error:
Load installer components from an installer ISO

No kernem modules were found.  This probably is due to a mismatch
between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernell
version availale in the archive.

I did not get this error a few weeks ago.  In the earlier attempt the
daily build images were stuck at an earlier date because Debian
ftpmaster (or something similar) was down.  I'm using the daily builds.

Steps, around 2007-11-22 06:00 UTC
Get via jigdo-lite
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily.new/current/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.jigdo
(I also got the business card).  Timestamp on 21-Nov-2007 22:09.  I'm at
UTC -08:00; I'm not sure what timezone are reported by my browser for
remote files.

Get
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/hd-media/boot.img.gz
It has timestamp 21-Nov-2007 13:16

Use those to put an installer on a USB stick.
Boot the stick, select expertGUI, walk through options until I got to
the error.

My earlier attempt did not use jigdo and used the business card image.

Is this the kind of thing I should file a bug about?  I figure it might
be something transitory, or my mistake.

Ross