Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

Hi,

On Thursday 01 November 2007 08:03, Geert Stappers wrote:
> I miss the link between Debian-Edu, famous for it's single CD install
> and getting an extra question in the installer for scanning more CDs.
> (which implies leaving the single install CD philosophy for Debian-Edu)

We've already done that for our etch release, released in July. There, we only
support installation from network with a DVD, the CD installs need network.
The size of the needed packages has just risen too much.

In future this will become worse, as Debian Edu will then be available in two
flavors, Gnome and KDE...

regards,
	Holger