Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

On Thursday 01 November 2007, Joey Hess wrote:
> Praveen A wrote:
> > I think even now if you select a mirror and installing from CD it
> > downloads even those packages in the CD, correct me if I am wrong
> > here.
>
> Incorrect.

Hmmm?
The original statement is a bit unclear, but at least the following is true.

If you have both CDs and a mirror in your sources list and a package is
available from both and the version of the package on both is the same,
apt(itude) will always take the package from the CD.
If the versions are different, apt(itude) will always take the highest
version; in most cases this will be the mirror - with the important
exception of CDDs that have customized versions of packages on the CDs.