Re: udpkg postunpack hook?

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> What I think I'd like to see (unless someone comes up with a better idea)
> would be for udpkg to check for /var/lib/dpkg/info/$package.postunpack (or
> some such) just after unpacking each udeb, and running it if it exists.

One way to do the same, is to use early_command to have a looking that
looks for the file and continue to loop until it changes it, in a
subshell, backgrounded, and when found do the required changes and go
out.

Since all modules would be load and base-installer will be ran much
later, you have time to hack it, on the looking (with one second sleep
or so).

Ugly but ought to work :-)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R